Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Crow tastes AWFUL!

I have always like the saying, "eating crow". Unless it applies to me, of course.

I found out tonight in my book club group that there is, indeed, racism in sorority pledging. A young black student has been denied membership in a historically white club.

I must say that I am extremely nonplussed. And extremely disappointed.

Who are you, sorority matriarchs who would deny someone membership based on the color of their skin? What would cause you to be so petty and small-minded? What reason could you possibly use for this gross dereliction of your standing as a leader and a mentor in your group?

I simply cannot believe that this exists in this day and age.

Shame! Shame on you! I have heard the saying that "those with the least amount of power wield it the fiercest". I certainly hope this is true, and you have very limited, very finite and very narrow power. And you most assuredly do not deserve even that.

I spit at your feet and declare you dead to me.

No comments: