Monday, June 3, 2013

It's been a year...

It's been well over a year since I posted, but I am going to have to get back to my ranting page again. Sometimes I just cant take the stupidity of humanity...or perhaps it's their apathy that I find so grating. In any event, I am very often pissed off and I could use a place to put it down and walk away.

My rant today is Congress. People in this country love to blame our president, Barack Obama, for the woes of the country. While I agree that some of his policies are putting us on a track away from the conservative values in which I believe, I don't agree that he is solely responsible for our issues.

Congress, you are responsible. And you need to be wiped clean with the most humongous pink slip in history.

You are all going home. All of you. Get to packing. And get the want ads because you do not qualify for welfare.

Starting now, there are term limits on Congressional seats in Carmenland. America's forefathers never, ever intended a stint in Congress to become a lifetime affair. To serve your country was never, ever meant to be a means to become wealthy. You may serve two terms and then you are out for ten years. You may serve another two terms in 10 years. then you are out for another 10 years. It's pretty easy to understand. Ideally, one person would serve their two terms and never be eligible again, but I think that there are many potential Congressmen who would no longer be interested if they couldn't make a career out of it, and actually had to serve.

This change will decrease corruption so swiftly that I expect many lobbyists and PAC members will be out of a job. Big money will now have trouble buying the votes they have come to take for granted. While we are at it in Carmenland, let's just get rid of lobbyists and PACs altogether. There is no need for them. the voters should tell their representatives how to vote, not special interest groups. I can't believe these types of people aren't against the law, as a matter of fact.

So, that is my rant today. Free Congress from tyranny by limiting their tenure, reach, seniority, power, influence and everything else that has made them the scourge of American society.

You're all fired.

No comments: